Monday, January 14, 2008

This is a little gross....Ear Candles!


Has anyone ever heard of ear candles?? It's totally old school, and I don't mean the 80's! My inlaw's are both from PA, so I don't know if this is something exclusive to PA or not, I haven't done any research. My mother in law says she can remember her family using them when she was a girl and her uncle making these out of gauze and then dipping in wax...hummmm. Bob had seen them used before but had never had it done. He asked his mom and I was totally interested in seeing this done. Bob went first, that's the wax from his left ear on the bottom left of the picture...can you believe it??!! WOWIE!! Monkey see monkey do, I went next...my results are on the bottom right, that's from both of my ears. I could actually hear better, I don't know if it's good to do, but it sure was fun!
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Jaime said...

oh my gosh you need to put a warning label for all the weak stomachs out there! That is so gross! I am amazed at what you got out of there, who knew?! Maybe this should be a must for all husbands because sometimes I swear I have told Bryan something and too many times he just doesn't remember!

Deborah said...

That is disgusting, but you need to explain how you did it.

Rachael Case said...

wow, that's cool. I think I have heard about that a long time ago. the wax looks like little bits of sweet potato!

Bodell said...

Wow, that is totally disgusting... but I want to know how to do it! There are few things better than clearing the gunk out of your ears! ;)
We miss you too!

Carrie said...

My mother in law gets them at a pharmacy in PA, they are just called ear candles. I just googled it you can buy them online as well.