Monday, March 31, 2008

What have I been up to...

My life has been pretty busy and I like it that way! I feel much more productive when I'm not sitting around in my jammies all day. I read somewhere that the Lord doesn't want us to idle and I'm taking his advice. It feels so good to be doing so much. After all he know's what's best for us!

I started working here about a month ago. I do LOVE it! It's just 2 days a week and it is just like therapy, although I'm getting paid. On the other hand...I have been buying, so I'll call it retail therapy - trust me ladies, these are no comfort buys!! This store is just...very, very addicting with all it's doodads! If you've shopped here for your little one, you know what I mean!

I'm also on my way to Utah for one whole week!! I'm attending our church's 178th Annual General Conference. It will be exciting as this will be the first with President Thomas S. Monson as our Prophet. I encourage all of you to read this article and watch conference.

Friends, friends, friends...4 years ago we knew nobody in Utah, now we have an entire family out there! I am just about booked! I LOVE it! I'm staying with my best friend who introduced us to the church and as well as our awesome Alisa (my sister missionary). I could go on and on about these girls, they guided us (Bob & I) along and we really love the life we have as memebers of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. We are grateful.

The children...well...the children are going to be well taken care of by my in-laws (thanks mom & dad!) they will be here the entire week. I know it will be a fun filled week of love and laughter. I'm glad I will be coming home from such a spiritual place, where I can regain my patience ---I'm going to need "patience" when I get home!! Everyone will be so spoiled, my hubby included!!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update...it's fun to see what you're up to. Oh, man...that would be so hard to work there and not do a little (or a lot) of shopping on the side! Hope you're having fun!

And how fun you're coming to Utah! I know how busy it is when we'd come out to visit, but if you have some kind of central get-together please call me! Either way, have a great trip and hope you have a great General Conference!

Deborah said...

Boy, we need to talk. I had no idea about your job. How exciting. I keep thinking I should get a job somewhere that I could actually just shop! Have a great time in UT.

Amanda said...

Yeah my retail therapy is a little more selfish though I work for Gap Kids and babyGap. Once this little guy comes though, I can see more money being spent on him than me!

Have fun in Utah! I love Utah in the Spring.

carla said...

Have fun at conference.

Paul and Holly Domm said...

Have fun in Utah and where are you working? Did you say it was a childrens store? Please tell!

Ray Ray said...

Wow, so I was just sitting here thinking about how long it's been since I talked to you!! It's been soooo long!! I miss you guys so stinkin' much!! Not a day goes by that I don't think about you all and the good times I've had with you!! I can't wait until I finally get the chance to come see you guys again!! How is everyone doing?? I hope you're all doing great!! I've been good, just working and spending time with friends. Well, if you get a chance give me a ringa-ding-ding!! I love and miss you all so much!!
<33 Zane

Mary said...

I hope you had a good time in Utah. Next time you come this way give me a call. I'd love to see you.

Anonymous said...

Carrie, we need to catch-up! Sounds like you are doing great! Have fun in Utah and call me soon.

Alisha said...

Wow, I had no idea! I'm glad it is going good for you. You'll have to tell me how Utah went someday soon! I'm glad to see you like your job. I'd be putting my paycheck right back into that place if I worked there.

Unknown said...

Hey, I just wanted to tell you that almost started crying looking at the pipctures you posted. I miss the Snedekers so very much!! Thank you for the way you are! You make this world a better place.

Antonio Rets

Jay said...

Just discovered your blog. Was very entertaining until I got to the entry about you joining the latter day saints church cult.
Unreal. How could you do something like that to your lovely children?
For shame. If you want that way of life fine you can pick and chose as you are considered an adult. Your children are inocent babes, they cannot pick what they would like to do with their lives. By the time they're grown they'll not know what normal is and be following the idiotic rules the rest of you do.
More young minds twisted because of a religion thats not even real.

How very sad for them..