Thursday, March 13, 2008

Meet George


Yes, your eyes are seeing two fish in this picture. Since this picture was taken, Roxy, the fish on the left has gone on to better things (she just missed the 14 day dead fish policy!) So now there's George. Roxy died yesterday and Nicolas was really amazing about it all day, he didn't react as I thought he would when I told him. He did have a friend here, so I think that's why he was so brave. Until...last night we were reading the Friend in my bed (Bob's out of town and Nicolas LOVES to sleep with me when he's gone) there was a picture of a missionary and he told me that he missed Elder Rets so much and then he cried out "I miss my dead fish too!" The tears began to flow. This began about a 30 minute tearful hug and kiss session. In the end, when he finally calmed down, he said "I know that I won't see Roxy on earth again, she's with Heavenly Father and Jesus, she's happy mommy" I began to weep a bit, I guess he really is listening at times that I think he isn't.
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Deborah said...

Moments like this are some of my favorite things about being a parent.

Ray Ray said...

I miss you too!! Five monthes is waaaaaaaay too long!!!!

Paul and Holly Domm said...

I miss seeing your kids their just the cutest! I can't wait til Tristan is bigger and we can have such moments. For now I have to imagine he's enjoying our cuddle sessions just as much as I am.

Nadia and Jeremy said...

I totally remember when my first goldfish, Blackie, died. I came home and he was dead at the bottom of his bowl and i ran upstairs crying. My brother was the first one to see me and asked what was wrong, and he got, between sobs, that my fish was dead. Looking back on it now, I probably shouldn't have left Blackie on the windowsill in full sunlight. But I was 5 and didn't know much about things like that back then.

Nadia and Jeremy said...

One more story...Jeremy's first fish, Sean Richards, died because Jeremy put a PB&J and a glass of milk in the water because he thought Sean would like a snack...yeah...not so much.