Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Just being lazy...

I'm trying to "get motivated" to do something. Bob and I had a whole week by ourselves ( a fantastic honeymoon!!) while the kids went to the grandparents for a week over our winter break. We're on day 4 together with the return of the kids and Bob is out of town, which means I can really be lazy. Although he's coming home tororrow...I have much picking up to do. I would recommend not just stopping by, you may find...

1. Me still in my jammies or robe at dinner time. Nicolas asks when he gets home from school "Why didn't you get dressed today?"

2. Rosie still in her footsie PJ's at dinner time - no need to worry we all take a shower around 7:30 and get back into our jammies. At this point Nicolas is the only one that get dressed because he has school.

3. Folded, clean laundry piled up, I hate putting it away!! Bob's much better at it.

4. Goldfish, pretzles and empty Go-gurt wrappers lying around from Nicolas eating one after the other.

5. Piles of papers and random things throughout my kitchen (we have to much counter space!! I keep telling Bob we need to fix that!) I'll admit it, I'm a pile person - it may look a mess to you, but don't you go thinkin' I don't know what's in there!! Bob can't stand the piles - it drives him crazy!

6. The lighted tree in the foyer...still decorated for Valentines DAY! Shouldn't we LOVE all year long? Shouldn't every day be Valentines Day when your married with 2 kids living in the burbs and driving a minivan -??!!


6.I

8 comments:

Anna said...

I am especially appreciative of Rosie still being in her PJs at the end of the day. We've had those days around here...often.

Deborah said...

It sounds like a great week. I can totally relate to those days of never getting dressed.

I love your new wallpaper. Where did you get it?

Carrie said...

I got it out of Jaime's photobucket account. I guess I sort of stole it from her.

Heather Jewell said...

That is my kind of week. When I wake up in the morining and there is nothing on the calendar I am excited. I love the new layout as well!

Rachael Case said...

I do the same thing, shower & then put the jammies back on. I love jammy days!
And too much counter space?! Is there such a thing?

Katrina said...

You use the "piling system" too!? Well, Bob can complain to Keith about it, because he can't stand it either.

It's no fair that you guys seem to get so many vacations from your kids! I can't remember the last time I had a whole day to myself. I don't think it has EVER happened. That would be my dream day...to do just whatever I wanted when I wanted.

I don't know if I'm going to be able to swing the SLC trip...I will call you.

Rachael Case said...

Hey Carr, do me a favor & post that pizza dip recipe that you made the other night. I keep telling Isaac how good it was!

Ray Ray said...

Sounds like a truly chill and relaxing time!! haha.